1. Welcome to One EDM, HEREN. Your new single ‘Stranger’ (Get To Know Me) is a well-constructed track that with the mix package, also positions itself well for both club & radio. Can you please tell us a little about how the record came together?
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, when I usually make a track I like to do different versions of it and see where these lead me. Having a radio version and club version always helps as you can reach more people in different environments. And with so many DJ’s out there I think people appreciate a good remix pack so they can have different options to play during their sets. I started working on the chords in September last year then left the project for a while. But right in the middle of the winter season I kind of started missing the summer vibes and started working on it again. It was a great way to get through it and keep my mind away from the cold.
2. In terms of musical inspirations, what would you single out as a major factor in your life right now?
Every moment it’s different, most of the time it’s about emotions, every track I did in the past they had and emotion behind. But it can range from listening to different genres of music to a feeling I might get while doing an activity.
3. For you, what’s been an essential element in the development of your career to date, as a recording artist?
More than one element I would say the most important thing is to have a good work ethic and to be consistent. Inspiration usually comes once I sit in the studio, try different ideas and get to work.
4. Do you also work on ghost productions?
I have done it a few times yes. But I would say more than a ghost producer I have worked as a producer for many artists for which I am credited for.
5. As HEREN, how important is supporting other global artists work?
It’s really important actually. Not only does it help you learn and grow as an artist, it’s also good to let people know their work is good and send positive vibes. What goes around comes around.
6. If you could pick one, what would be your dream collab?
Tough one… On top of my head, I would say Deadmau5 and Daft Punk. Both are big influences to me and my work. As for the more recent maybe Clean Bandit, they are really on top of their game and are doing great music.
7. And finally, following on from ‘Stranger’ (Get To Know Me) – what is next for HEREN?
I’m working on my new single right now as well as some club tracks both as HEREN and under my alias ANJ. The remix I did alongside B Jones for Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano’s “Savages” is out now on SONOS / Armada and I hope I can tell you more about future remixes very soon.
Connect With HEREN;