From the land of Sweden, a familiar name, Hellberg, returns to the studio after two years away from the music production game. Claiming a new sound over his older productions with his latest release “Hey Mama”, the young DJ/Producer is back with a new beginning. Get to know this artist, and for those reacquainting with him, you are in for a new Hellberg.
OneEDM: WHO AND WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO FOLLOW YOUR PATH IN MUSIC?
Hellberg: I’ve always been into music and it has come very natural to me. For some reason when I was young I was really interested in being a producer. I thought it sounded really cool to be the person who made and put together all the songs. Then, when I got a little older I paid more attention to who producers were, Timbaland was a big idol for me early on.
WHEN YOU’RE NOT CREATING OR LISTENING TO ELECTRONIC MUSIC, WHAT KIND OF MUSIC WOULD SOMEONE FIND YOU LISTENING TO ON A RANDOM MORNING OR EVENING?
Pop, musical soundtracks, motown, hip-hop, country, anything really, what’s most important to me is melody. If the melody, lyrics, and chords make me feel good, I’m listening.
ARE THERE ANY FESTIVALS OR GATHERINGS YOU’RE LOOKING FORWARD TO ATTENDING AND PLAYING AT THIS YEAR?
Nothing I can share yet, but I’m dying to go on tour and perform.
WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IS YOUR FAVORITE PART OF MAKING MUSIC?
It hasn’t always been like this, but there’s nothing like a great session writing a great song. Those moments when you find the right lyrics with the right melody with the right chords are the best.
DO YOU HAVE ANY DREAM DESTINATIONS TO PERFORM AT?
Yea, absolutely. Lollapalooza, Coachella, Glastonbury, SXSW, etc.
WHAT HAS BEEN THE MOST SATISFYING ACHIEVEMENT SO FAR?
Having so many of my followers like my new direction has been amazing.
APART FROM EDM, WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO?
I like to play video games, have dinner with my girlfriend, and watch Marvel movies.
IN LIFE AND MUSIC, WHAT WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOUR BIGGEST STRUGGLES?
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK ABOUT?
Just that I got a bunch of music coming soon that I’m super super excited about and I hope to be back here soon talking about it when the time comes!
From the musical talents of Hellberg is an exclusive mix brought to you via The Media Nanny. Mixed and mashed together with the comforting house music selections from Hellberg himself. This is a special one as it is among the first demonstrations of Hellberg’s DJ talent since his comeback. Better yet, it starts off with his latest release single on Sony Music entitled “Hey Mama”. Sit back and relax. Hellberg is bringing chill-out sounds on house music.
Time, Title -Artist
- 00:00, “Hey Mama”-Hellberg
- 02:30, “Racks”-Dirty Audio
- 03:34, “Talk is Overrated” Feat. Blackbear [MANILLA KILLA REMIX]-Jeremy Zucker
- 06:43, “Older Now” Feat. Klei-James Carter
- 08:03, “Body”-Alxxa
- 09:11, “Belong” [BEAUZ REMIX]-Cash Cash & Dashboard Confessional
- 10:09, “Psycho” [SHIP WREK & LZRD REMIX]-Post Malone
- 11:39, “Faded” [PRISMO REMIX]-ZHU
- 13:54, “In the Zone” Feat. Example-Jauz
- 14:54, “Mandala Express”, “(You Make Me) Crazy” [HELLBERG MASHUP]-Pierre Oliver, Britney Spears
- 16:02, “Run Up” Feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR & Nicki Minaj [BIG FISH REMIX]-Major Lazer
- 18:11, “Warning Sign”-Cade
- 19:23, “Friends” Feat. Bri Tolani-Subtact
- 20:46, “Everybody Hates Me” [JAMES CARTER & NLSN REMIX]-The Chainsmokers
- 23:20, “Right Here, Right Now”-San Holo Feat. Taska Black
Re-entering the world of electronic dance music, Hellberg of Sweden is setting his sight on new sounds. Audiences will hear a little difference from his older releases compared to his new Hellberg sound. For the record, he is coming in strong with achievements in music and capturing supportive audiences. Hellberg’s single “This Girl” was Monstercat’s most streamed track in 2015. Also, his records continue to stream upwards of 70 million listens. Now is the time for Hellberg’s turn in the spotlight.
Connect with Hellberg
- Listen to Hellberg’s latest single “Hey Mama” here!