After recent announcements on the Urbanears Hideout and Philip Glass’ award, it is now time to call all (aspiring), DJ’s, producers, artists and live acts.
If you feel that your fledgling career needs some fine tuning, expert guidance or just a little bit of the legendary magic dust (a.k.a. inspiration), the Felix Meritis on ADE’s Saturday is an essential rendezvous. Still not convinced? Here are ten reasons why you really should do yourself and your music career a favour by being there:
- Get your demos ready: At ADE Next there are several options for you to get professional feedback from A&R managers, managers, agents, producers and promotors, and you might even get signed.
- There will be 2 demo pitches: Check which professional you’d like to talk to and register on the morning of ADE Next. On top of that, it wouldn’t be ADE Next without the twentieth edition of the Demolition panel hosted by Dave Clarke. You can throw your USB with your track in a box throughout the day, and then at Demolition six tracks will be randomly selected and commented on by the judges! The winner receives a lot of very cool and useful prizes.
- Getting your demo signed: Together with Armada Music and Radio 538 we are hosting a panel featuring Armin van Buuren and new Armada talent Lost Frequencies alongside the head of A&R and A&R managers from Armada. After the panel you’ll find four Armada Records A&R managers at the demo pitch.
- You’ve got 1 more day to send in your unmastered work! One track will be selected and mastered for free by sound engineer Luca Pretolesi, known for his work with Diplo, Jack U, Snoop Lion, Calvin Harris and many more. During ADE Next he will explain how he mastered the track, this panel is super informative.
- Have you dreamed of being in the same room as your favorite producer and getting a production workshop from him or her? You should come to our studio sessions with Sander van Doorn, Boaz van de Beatz, Jameszooand Detroit Swindle! Only twenty people are allowed inside the studio so come early.
- Are you interested in video making? Then you should come to our video panel at which Reza Dolatabadi, known for his low budget videos for Cassy and many others is in conversation with Paul Geusebroek, known for more expensive videos for Yellow Claw, the Opposites and of course the Desiigner video he made together with Kanye West.
- Three generations of musicians, each of them inspired by the generation before; Put your hands up for:Chocolate Puma, Oliver Heldens and Throttle!
- So you really are the next Martin Garrix? Maybe then it’s good to know what type of people you’ll get to work with in the future. We brought together a team of music professionals to explain their jobs to you; what exactly does a manager do? How does a manager work together with your agent? When do you need a PR agent? What is it that a promotor of a big festival looks for? To get an overview of your future team: come to the rough guide to the music industry.
- Started from the bottom, now we’re here! Listen to some fun and inspiring stories from Julian Jordan, FeestDJRuud, Branko and VASSY talking about their road to fame in Sena presents: From Bedroom to Big Room.
- So your album is finished and mastered and the cover looks great: The big question is. who is going to release and market your work? Big label or independent? Chris Johnson from Mau5trap Records and Mattijs van Welzenis from Revealed Recordings will discuss the process of releasing an album and the pros and cons of both options. When your career is about to take off, it could be a good idea to hire a manager to take care of your business. Or maybe you decide to it alone! We brought together a group of top notch managers and an artist who chose not to work with a manager.
And of course, all your favourite DJs and labels will be at Felix under one roof, so the place for you to be! Check out the full program here.
Date: Saturday October 22.
Venue: Felix Meritis
Tickets: € 15, available here, also accessible for 1- & 5- day conference ticket holders.