The incredibly talented pianist, DJ, and producer LP Giobbi just released her latest single, “Slither In,” a mesmerizing house groove featuring Hermixalot on vocals. Highlighted with a tribal beat and a saxophone loop inspired by Nicki Minaj’s “Chun Li,” “Slither In” is a lush ode to turning up in the club. It follows her previously released single “Dejala Pasar,” a Spotify Fresh Find, and one of my favorite tracks this year.
“Slither In” lures listeners in with LP Giobbi’s signature piano-house-meets world-house sound before bringing in the hypnotic saxophone loop that anchors the song. When collaborator and vocalist Hermixalot first heard the track, “Chun Li” had just come out. In her own words she reacts:
I thought to myself, what an unexpected way to use this instrument.
I sent it to LP, and the next time I heard LP’s track, she had chopped the sax line into something that almost felt like a chant. It made me think of a snake charmer, and that’s how I got to “Slither In”.Hermixalot
LP Giobbi elaborates on her craft the sonics of the saxophone line:
“I was immediately inspired by how simple and effective the sax was on the Nicki track, and it made me want to go harder on the beat to balance the joyousness of the world sounds, the percussion, the Latin bass line.”LP Giobbi
The result is a throbbing piano house track with powerful vocals that is pure LP Giobbi magic, destined to have dancers everywhere dripping with sweat.
LP Giobbi on Tour
Fresh from electrifying audiences at Coachella where her track “Amber Rose” was named of DJ Mag’s “Top 20 Tracks of the Festival”, and Moogfest, LP Giobbi will next be moving crowds at Elsewhere Brooklyn with Autograf (7/12), Coda Toronto (8/1, Animal Talk Party), and at HARD Summer (8/4). She will also be supporting Sofi Tukker on the R.I.P. Shame North American tour which will benefit mental health initiatives through a collaboration with PLUS1, which donates a dollar from every ticket sold to a charity effort.
An all around creative powerhouse, when LP Giobbi is not releasing music or performing, she keeps busy as a fashion designer for her own line of t-shirts and blouses called GIOBBI and as a mentor to women and LGBTQ+ identified creators interested in the process of music production through her educational platform, FEMMEHOUSE.
LP Giobbi Tour Dates
- July 12 – Brooklyn, NY @ Elsewhere (Autograf Support)
- July 24 – Berlin @ about/blank
- August 2 – Toronto @ Coda (Animal Talk Party)
- August 4 – Fontana, CA @ HARD SUMMER @ Speedway
- October 2 – Calgary @ The Palace Theater (Sofi Tukker Support)
- October 4 – Vancouver @ Commodore Ballroom (Sofi Tukker Support)
- October 6 – Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom (Sofi Tukker Support)
- October 7 – Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo (Sofi Tukker Support)
- October 9 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater (Sofi Tukker Support)
- October 10 – Los Angeles, CA @ Shrine Auditorium (Sofi Tukker Support)
- October 13 – Tucson, AZ @ Rialto Theater (Sofi Tukker Support)
- October 15 – Dallas, TX @ Granada Theater (Sofi Tukker Support)
- October 16 – Austin, TX @ Stubb’s (Sofi Tukker Support)
- October 17 – Houston, TX @ White Oak Music Hall (Sofi Tukker Support)
- October 19 – New Orleans, LA @ Joy Theater (Sofi Tukker Support)
- October 21 – Atlanta, GA @ Terminal West (Sofi Tukker Support)
- October 23 – Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club (Sofi Tukker Support)
- October 24 – Brooklyn, NY @ Great Hall at Avant Gardner (Sofi Tukker Support)
About LP Giobbi
LP Giobbi is a producer, and DJ. Her educational platform, FEMMEHOUSE, addresses the lack of representation and equity in electronic music by using her production skills to empower women to learn the language of the studio.
When she is not sharing stages with the likes of Jax Jones, Hotel Garuda, Gallant and Madame Gandhi, or touring the world with Sofi Tukker (while helping run their label, Animal Talk), she is jumping into the world of fashion with her line, GIOBBI—a line of blouses and tees that exudes femininity.
FEMMEHOUSE is an educational platform created to address the lack of representation and equity in electronic music by empowering women to learn the language of the studio. With DJ, producer and label head (of Sofi Tukker’s Animal Talk Collective) LP Giobbi at the helm, FEMMEHOUSE leverages her rich network of artists to lead free workshops on practical recording skills—covering everything from using MIDI to how to work with vocalists. Sign ups for all sessions are open now at www.thisisfemmehouse.com.